Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why this Chick goes into Steeler Mode on NFL Sunday

I know that it is a myth or taboo for chicks to actually like football. Also some people may think when a chick likes football she is trying to impress a guy. I call "holding" on that statement and let me "review" the reason that I go from Chick Mode to Steeler Mode on NFL Sunday:

From an early age I was programmed not to care about football. I don't blame my Father or Brothers, that is just the way it was in the early 80's. I remember on NFL Sunday as a child, my Father and Brothers went into Dude Mode. This meant that if i tried to talk to them, I would be answered with silence....complete silence. The only time I could get some type of answer is during the commercials and then it had to be a medical emergency.

So between then and the year 2002 I ignored football....until I moved in with my Fiance'. He is a Steeler fan and has been since birth. When NFL Sunday rolled around, I would read a book as he yelled at the TV. I didn't bother him unless it was an emergency. One day he was yelling at the TV, and he asked me "Did you see that play? Can you believe that call by the Ref?" I looked at him and said "what"? He began to explain what happened during the play.

And the light bulb went off.........

The reason I didn't like football, is because no one ever took the time to explain it to me. After that, I was a Steeler Fan for life! I am able to follow the ball, call penalties, pray to the football Gods, and curse the Ref for working for the other team.

So to the Men out there who go into Super Dude Mode on Sunday, take some time out to explain the game to your Chick......I promise NFL Sundays will never be the same!

Much Luv,
Peaches Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment